next Image 1 of 2
Firefighters and investigators search the man made lake near the village of Mitsero outside of the capital Nicosia, Cyprus, Friday, April 26, 2019. Cyprus police are intensifying a search for the remains of more victims at locations where an army officer who authorities say admitted to killing five women and two girls had dumped their bodies. (AP Photo/Petros Karadjias)
prev Image 2 of 2
A police truck, rear left, carries a body found after Cypriot investigators and police officers searched at a field outside of Orounta village, near the capital Nicosia, Cyprus, Thursday, April 25, 2019. Police in Cyprus confronted the possibility that a serial killer had been at large in their midst after an army captain in custody for the deaths of two women claimed responsibility for more slayings, seven in all.(AP Photo)
NICOSIA, Cyprus – Cyprus police are intensifying a search for the remains of more victims at locations where an army officer, who authorities say admitted to killing five women and two girls, allegedly had dumped their bodies.
Police said Friday's search will concentrate on a military firing range, a reservoir and a man-made lake near an abandoned mine approximately 32 kilometers (20 miles) west of the capital Nicosia.
On Thursday, the 35-year-old suspect told investigators that he had killed four more people than he had previously admitted to. All the suspect's alleged victims are foreign nationals.
Police have already found the bodies of a 38-year-old Filipino woman and two as yet unidentified women.
Search crews are now looking for the daughter of the 38-year-old, a Romanian mother and daughter and another Filipino woman.