next Image 1 of 2

A student places her handprints on a wall at the Raul Brasil State School one day after a mass shooting, in Suzano, Brazil, Thursday, March 14, 2019. Classmates, friends and families began saying goodbye on Thursday, with thousands attending a wake in the Sao Paulo suburb while authorities worked to understand what drove two former students to attack the school with a gun, crossbows and small axes. (AP Photo/Andre Penner)

a33dd91d-prev Image 2 of 2

A relative mourns 15-year-old Caio Oliveira, a victim of a mass shooting at the Raul Brasil State School, in Suzano, Brazil, Thursday, March 14, 2019. Classmates, friends and families began saying goodbye on Thursday, with thousands attending a wake in the Sao Paulo suburb while authorities worked to understand what drove two former students to attack the school with a gun, crossbows and small axes. (AP Photo/Andre Penner)

SAO PAULO – A judge has ordered the arrest of a suspect linked to a school shooting that left seven people dead in Brazil.

Sao Paulo's Court of Justice said Friday that an arrest warrant had been issued for a teenager in the city of Suzano, on the outskirts of Brazil's largest city. Police said earlier that another person was believed to be involved in planning Wednesday's attack, but have not revealed his name.

Five students, a teacher and a school administrator were killed at Raul Brasil school. One of the shooters also killed his uncle shortly before carrying out the massacre.

Nine others were wounded, including seven who were still hospitalized Thursday.

Attackers Guilherme Taucci Monteiro, 17, and Luiz Henrique de Castro, 25, are also dead.

Source Link:
https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazil-judge-issues-arrest-warrant-for-suspect-in-shooting

[-0.778498]

Comments

comments

Advertisement